6/04/2005

Last quote

This one is also from Amy Hardison and her book, "How to Feel Great About Being A Mother." Last one, I promise. We'll start blogging our own thoughts on Monday. I never imagined that I would have a child that complained every night if we didn't have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner. I never thought that there would be winters when we never had everyone weel and one time and that I wouldn't get an uninterrupted night's sleep for years on end. It never dawned on me that there would be times I would feel overwhelmed, exhausted, and inadequate. BUt neither did I imagine the joy of holding my own baby, the delight of listening to a three-year-old's imaginative play, or the pride of watching my own kindergartner in a school Christmad play....The expectations of motherhood are not always fulfilled, but often they are surpassed. I especially identify with the sleep part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home