9/02/2006

Ernesto

He came, he dumped, he left. Phew. It wasn't a hurricane by any means, but boy, it sure was the worst weather I have ever seen in my entire life. I foolishly took a trip to Target in the middle of the day, and after having to drive through roads that were so full of water it almost buried my car's wheels, I thought, "I hope I make it home. What happens if my car starts to float?" Trees were down right outside our neighborhood, and our power was out most of the day. Those of you who were born and raised in places like Texas, Florida, and the Gulf Coast are surely laughing at me, but for this desert girl, it was somethin' else. Here is a picture of DH standing in the cul-de-sac, right in front of our driveway. Yes, the water is close to his knees. And here's a picture of my poor, poor garden. I doubt it will ever be the same: But we're all safe and sound, the power is back on, it's all good. Life is returning to normal. I will say, however, that we are all a little soggier for the experience.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Wow! I have never experienced storms like that --other than great white-out snow storms, but I doubt it's the same.

I'm so glad you guys are all safe! I'm sorry about your garden --you'll get it back in no time...:)

9/02/2006 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

When I lived in NC my family experienced a few hurricanes! The streets would all be flooded and we couldn't go out and play in them because of the water snakes and man holes! I also remember having to tape up the windows! It, honestly, was some of my favorite memories with my family because we all sat together, with the power off, in candlelight, with a space heater, playing cards and telling stories! It was a great bonding experience for all of us!

Sorry about your garden! Our hail storm here destroyed our corn and some of our other vegetables! Hopefully you were able to harvest a good portion of it! It did look awesome!

9/02/2006 05:44:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa M. said...

YIPES

9/03/2006 11:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had the dregs of the storm, just lots of wind and rain. The picture of your husband in the road with all the water is crazy! I hope your garden survies!

9/03/2006 10:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home