5/10/2006

Relief Society Rebel

It's spring, it's beautiful outside, so I'm feeling daring. I'm feeling adventuresome. I'm feeling so good I'd even be willing to...willing to...DEVIATE FROM THE MANUAL this Sunday! Oh, the POWER! I'm one of the TOTP RS teachers (wow, that's a lot of acronyms), and I'm teaching this Sunday. I like this calling (best calling in the church, hands down). And I like using the manual to get some interesting discussion going. Our Relief Society is particularly chatty, so it's really not all that hard. But, as we all know, this Sunday is Mother's Day, and there is something particularly depressing about teaching from the manual on Mother's Day in Relief Society. I'd like to do something special, but I'm not really all that good at "special" stuff. Do I bring in food, do I do a different lesson, do I quote only from Eliza R. Snow, what? The Tales Gals are talking about what to do for Sacrament Meeting, but I'm wondering what I can do during the gathering of women. Any thoughts about things you would like to see happen in our women's meeting on Mother's Day? I am leaning towards the food, thing, though, just so you know. I actually advised against it for Sacrament meeting, only because grubby little hands seem to get to our treats first if they see them, but in Relief Society, that wouldn't be the case. We could indulge in SECRET! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha...

2 Comments:

Blogger Tigersue said...

I taught a ToOT lesson on sisterhood and I bought some flower arrangements and at the end of the lesson I encouraged everyone to take a flower and to also take one to give to someone that was not able to participate in the lesson. There are several women that don't attend church, are serving in other capacities (Primary, nursery, and WY), and they all need to feel the love and support of being members of the RS. I know traditionally mothers get flowers, so you may not want to go that route. I found it to be a very positive experience and one that many women came up and thanked me for doing that day.

5/11/2006 01:10:00 PM  
Blogger hairyshoefairy said...

For the last three years I've tried to avoid the Mother's Day plant giveaway. I so much as look at a plant and it withers. Somehow one always follows me home, be it my hubby accepting it, visiting teachers bringing one over, or the RS pres. hunting me down because I didn't take mine. Needless to say, my vote is for the RS treat. No need to share with kids and still something enjoyable.

5/11/2006 08:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home