5/04/2005

Motherhood makes you smarter?

Yes ladies, according to this , it's true. Motherhood can make you smarter. It's a fun article, and worth reading. I especially liked how the author said that that increased sense of smell during pregnancy was a good thing, an evolutionary tool that keeps mothers away from harmful substances that can be damaging to their babies. Using that logic, my refrigerator must have been seriously toxic! Anyway, in light of our previous funny discussions on this, apparantly we are all a bunch of geniuses. Woo-hoo! Mensa, here we come! I'll be there just as soon as I find my keys. And my purse. And my shoes. And some socks--wait, those are buried under the pile of laundry I forgot was on my bed. Did I vacuum in here today? Oh, look Jacob, a doggie! Wait-what was I blogging about again? Oh, right. Mothers. Genius. That's us. Obviously. Happy reading!

2 Comments:

Blogger annegb said...

I don't know about smarter, but certainly more flexible. I can carry a baby, a diaper bag, a couple of plastic grocery sacks, a Dr. Pepper, and open the door, while feeding the dog. My husband needs me to open the door when he brings in a box.

I often move furniture up and down the stairs (I am a small, if chubby, woman) all by myself because it's easier than the grief my husband gives me when he makes a big deal out of it.

I think that's a part of intelligence. Just being able to do things without a fuss.

5/05/2005 10:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Motherhood makes you lots of things.

5/05/2005 05:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home