8/22/2005

Vomit Chronicles II

As mentioned previously, I have done some serious vomiting in my life. I thought that puking on an airplane and missing the lavatory would be a serious all time low. I was wrong. Having a child miss the airsick bag and puke on you on the airplane is much, much worse. Yes, Jacob and I ended our 3 week stint sans Daddy with a bang, I guess you could say. The night before we left, he puked every half hour for about 4 hours, beginning at 3am. My mother insisted that I try to get a later flight, but c'mon, everybody knows that in this post 9/11 atmosphere, the flights are always overbooked, and trying to get 2 seats on a later flight is about as likely as flying to your destination using your own two wings. And I was so absolutely done that I needed to see DH, pukefest or no pukefest. So I boarded the flight with lots of plastic sacks and papertowels, and filled my seat pocket in front of me with lots of airsick baggies. Yes, I had to use them all. We persevered, cleaned up a lot, Jacob slept a lot (which I guess is a good thing. It almost makes up for me having to clean up a lot of puke), and we made it home. I'm never getting on a plane again. Ever.

3 Comments:

Blogger liesl said...

I feel your pain, my friend.

On one Boston-Honolulu flight when Sarah was almost one, she barfed on me continuously for many, many hours. I don't exactly have a weak gag reflex myself and it was only the wierd combination of mommylove and will which kept be from joining her in the barf fest.

We walked off the plane and met my mom at the baggage claim. She took one look at us (or maybe a whiff) and asked which of our suitcases had a ready change of clothes for us. We schlepped our bags into the closest restroom and she stripped the baby and gave her a bath in the sink while I did my best to get clean with dampened paper towels in one of the stalls.

We forgot that the same child, with the same mysterious ailment, was going to be with us in the car for the 45 minute ride home. Oh well.

8/22/2005 02:40:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa M. said...

I thought it wasn't the best situation when my son threw up all over me at the Bronx Zoo.

Or maybe it was that day when going down the water slide with shorts over my swim suit and the shorts ripped...(the only ones I had with me or any other kind of bottom cover) and I still had the rest of the day at Lagoon to endure>

But that wasn't as bad I don't think...

Your Mommy memory will kick in, and you'll be back on a plane.

*Chuckle* Perhaps alone........ BUT.

Glad to know you are back safe and sound!

8/22/2005 04:12:00 PM  
Blogger fMhLisa said...

Oh! My! Goodness!

8/26/2005 03:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home