8/17/2006

Will Poop for Candy

Ah, yes. Another post on potty-training. Just what you wanted to read. But you see, it's not my toddler who is willing to poop for candy. It's my five year old. She has figured out that Toddler-Man (soon to be named Preschool-Man) has a vast array of sugared sweets available to him should he make magic happen in the potty, thus saving both SpongeBob and Spiderman from more disgusting fates. (He is currently addicted to sugar, but he may well be kept out of kindergarten due to lack of potty skills, so I'm up for motivating him any way I can.) But my little 5 and half year old! She knows that she can control her bodily functions. And in a house of justice, if her brother gets sugar for poopin', well then, so does she. And so she is constantly telling me "I went potty! Can I have a candy?" Dude! You've been going potty successfully for 3 years! Aren't we past the candy? But Toddler-Man is right there, watching everything with his bright brown eyes. And when she's eating the candy and he's not - I just know he's thinking 'hey! I want that!' Mostly I know that because he's actually saying "HEY! I want that!" And off he runs to the potty to earn his share of tooth decaying goodness. So I'm hoping she's a motivator in all this. She seems to be, so far. And she's available for rental, she'll poop for candy anywhere, anytime.

2 Comments:

Blogger nestle said...

hahaha! Oh so familiar. My daughter did the same thing. She was so adament about candy that she was able to go 3 times in 1 hour. At that point I told her she already knew how to go and that she would only get some if she was able to get her brother to go on the potty. Hee hee! Lets just say she was by far a better motivator than I was. :-)

8/17/2006 06:41:00 AM  
Anonymous J. Stapley said...

We have the same situation (5 and 3 year olds, 3 is in the last stages of potty training). Except for us it is, "will poop for a computer turn."

8/17/2006 11:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home