8/15/2006

What are the Odds?

What are the odds that the first day we put "big boy pants" on my son, he has an attack of diarrhea? (apparently fairly high, but I will spare you the details. Let's just say 'Spiderman got soiled.') What are the odds that requesting afternoon kindergarden means you actually get afternoon kindergarten? (apparently very low, and now I will have a school year with morning kindergarten for one and afternoon preschool for another. There are worse fates, I guess.) And what are the odds that someone will show up and just randomly bring me some lunch(even though it's 2:00)? Because my son climbed in bed with me crying this morning with a mild fever,(the diarrhea should have warned me) and he hasn't left the bed all day, and every fiber of my being wants to just climb in there with him and sleep the day away. (I believe I am fighting a bug myself - just minor - but a day of sleep would be most welcome). I have two other children who are very well behaved, and healthy, and wonderful in every way, but they still need some lunch and I just don't have the energy right now. Logically, I know I need some fuel and then I will feel better, but at the moment, I can dream of someone randomly showing up with food, right? The odds for that have to be at least as good as.....oh, all right. I'll quit whining and go make some sandwiches.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chrissie said...

The "Spiderman got soiled" comment made me ROFL! Pooooooor Spidey!

8/15/2006 06:07:00 PM  
Blogger Heather O. said...

I echo the sentiment. Poor Spidey.

8/15/2006 07:33:00 PM  
Blogger Keryn said...

Wiz, are you in Utah Valley? If you are, I'll bring you and your kiddos lunch tomorrow! (I'm serious--I know the feeling, I'd love to help!) Email me at volcano (at) gmail (dot) com.

8/15/2006 09:13:00 PM  
Blogger Tammy and Parker said...

Uh..Keryn.......I live in Utah Valley. *bwg*

Wiz, I am hoping you and your little guy feel better soon. Go to bed early tonight. k?

And did you call the school about the scheduling problem with the K class? I'd try!

8/15/2006 09:40:00 PM  
Blogger The Wiz said...

Ok, I didn't really mean to solicit meals from people on the blog! I actually have an excellent RS Pres, and if I truly needed meals (instead of just whining about them), I could call her and have them in a heartbeat.

I totally appreciate the offer, though, it's very sweet. Bring the lunch to Tammy instead. :)

The school has 22 kids in a.m. kindergarted and 26 kids in the p.m. They are very reluctant to move her. I'll survive.

8/15/2006 09:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home