8/12/2006

I Won 6 Million (U.S.) Dollars

Today I received an email informing me that I was one of 3 winners of an 18 Million dollar something (they never actually used the word 'lottery') and so I was now the proud winner of "6.000.000.000 (6 Million U.S. Dollars)." I think this is my favorite bit of spam so far. Wow! I won something I didn't enter, and the prize is just astronomical! We never have to work again, and college for my kids is taken care of! What luck! They never actually asked for money, just for me to contact them to claim the prize, but I am sure that once I did that, the money requests would flow freely. I almost wanted to contact them, just to see how they would phrase the necessity of me sending money in order to get money, but I am not that stupid. I do not wish for more spam. Or stalkers. (My spam filter did in fact catch it, but I occasionally check my spam folder, because sometimes the filter is a little over-zealous in its spam filtering abilities, and good emails end up there once in a while.) Spam,spam,spam,spam......

5 Comments:

Anonymous suzanne said...

I just changed my email address because I was so sick of all the spam I was getting. I'm happy to report I haven't received a single spam email with my google email address.

8/12/2006 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. M said...

Hey, congratulations! I also check my spam filter occasionally and have found important things there, besides offers to "enlarge my masculine".

8/12/2006 11:39:00 PM  
Blogger Chrissie said...

Well, hey...don't forget to pay your tithing on it. That's...er... *counting on fingers and toes with tongue sticking out to concentrate* ...er...well, it's a LOT anyway. I'd love to see your Bishop's face when you handed that over.

Bwaaahaaahaaahaaa!

8/13/2006 03:09:00 AM  
Blogger The Wiz said...

Yeah, that would be hysterical. I can just see the ward clerk going "ummm....are you sure?"

8/13/2006 02:44:00 PM  
Blogger stephsterr said...

There's a website where people bait these scammers and sometimes end up receiving money from them - they stress that it's not for amateurs to try. But here's the link: http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm It's interesting to read through.

8/20/2006 05:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home