8/01/2006

Can we freeze time? Please?

On Saturday, we had planned to clean the basement, so naturally we went bowling instead. I beat Toddler-Man by six points. Whew. Now, in all fairness, he did have "bumper - thingies" to prevent gutter balls, and a "slide-dealio" for his ball, so it would have motion and go down the center, but still. He's two. The place we go, they bring pizza (actually good pizza) and a pitcher of soda right to your lane, (there's a table you are sitting at) so you can sit and bowl and eat and drink all at the same time. It's so stinkin' fun. As I watched my kids bowl, my oldest trying intently to beat everybody, my second just trying to beat the oldest, and laughing pretty much the whole time, and Toddler-Man trying to pick up the 15 pound ball because it was vaguely the same color as the six pound ball, and refusing help, because "I DO IT", I just thought "this is a perfect moment." I also wondered how long it would be before my kids thought bowling with the fam was lame, (or whatever the slang will be when they're older), and how much longer I had to take my kids out all together and have them enjoy it. But I've always liked bowling, it seems to appeal to all ages, it doesn't get as boring as Chuck E. Cheese (gag!) or arcade games. Maybe bowling is a family activity we can do for a while yet, not like roller skating (which I am NEVER doing again, the bowling ball reminded me that broken wrists hurt for a long time!). Hopefully I still have some time to enjoy my kids while they still enjoy their parents (and each other). But time seems to be flying by - when did my life start advancing at warp speed?

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy M said...

I felt that way, too, just the other day. The kids were all wrestling around on the rug in the living room, giggling and having fun, no one was fighting, Abby was luaghing at her brothers, and the late afternoon sun was streaming in the window. I was struck at how beautiful they all were and how luck I am. I know how you feel...

8/01/2006 04:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Sue said...

Amen... My 3 and 4 year old daughters are growing up SO fast right now. They are so darling and sweet right now, I really just want to freeze them. 1 yo son - now he can keep aging, I have no problem with that, LOL.

I told my three year old that I didn't want her to get any bigger, I just wanted her to stay my sweet baby girl forever. So of course later my husband gave her a glass of milk and told her she needed to drink it so that she could be big and strong and she refused because "Momma doesn't want me to get bigger." They are so sweet right now...

8/02/2006 03:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home