7/17/2006

Shoe Obsession

Toddler-Man has a new obsession. He won't take of his shoes. Little blue crocs which my husband says are a "girly blue." No way, "baby blue". Of course, one might argue that the flowers are a tad girly, but hey, whatever. He sleeps in them. He strips down to his diaper and crocs and runs around the neighborhood. He won't wear pants, but hey, at least his feet are covered. He wakes up and puts them back on if you take them off while he is sleeping. His feet have smelled better in his short lifetime. He pitches a fit when I try to take them off to change his clothes, and only his shoes make it better. Well, at least he'll grow out of them at some point. In the meantime, I guess "no shoes, no shirt, no service" won't stop us.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather O. said...

J wore his Superman shirt for 3 days straight.

Yeah, he smelled better in his short lifetime, too.

J has always refused to wear ANY kind of shoes. He is constantly barefoot. I have finally just learned to live with it, and pray that his feet toughen up enough to handle sidewalk so hot you can fry an egg on it.

7/17/2006 08:28:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy M said...

Eric's got blue shoes with flowers on them too! Oh well...

Lately he insists on dressing himself, and he usually gets both legs in one hole of his shorts, but HECK NO will he let me fix them. Not a battle I care to fight, so he walks around the house with an empty short leg hanging off his bum... I guess it's pretty cute, in the grand scheeme of things.

I got the boys each a pair of red Converse all star's and they think they run like lightening now. Can't get them off- they put them while still in their jammies in the morning. Again, pretty darn cute- two redheaded boys in thier crooked shorts, capes and hi-tops. *sigh* I love my monkeys.

7/18/2006 02:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

My son loves his swimming suit- he would like to wear it all day everyday...and he usually does! He has several that he rotates. I do make him get dressed for church and when we run to the store! Not a battle I'm willing to fight.

7/18/2006 11:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home