6/08/2006

We Don't Say Stupid

guest post from wbpraw - S is her 12 year old girl, B is her huge he-man of a husband. So a couple of weekends ago, B was driving home with all of our kids in the car plus S's two friends. It was at night after the Primary Talent Show. ( I had escaped to my sister's for the weekend.) They were just about home when some neighborhood boys who go to school with S and are S's age, mooned the car. That's right, one of them dropped drawers, showed his backside, mooned my daughter and her friends...and B. B whipped the car around, put his window down and shouted, "GET OVER HERE!" Yeah, scary. When the boy came to the passenger window B said, and I quote, "What makes you think I want to see your stupid a%@!" (GASP!) In the back seat, my 3 year old said, "Daddy, we don't say stupid." The boy mumbled an apology, said something about not knowing who it was in the car, blah, blah, blah. B later found them and apologized for his profanity, but let them know their behavior around girls was not acceptable. He also sat our kids down and apologized for his language. We learn two lessons from this, both of which I'm okay with. 1) Don't mess with S or you mess with her dad, and 2) We don't say stupid.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Selwyn said...

Tee hee hee! What great things to learn! We also don't say "stupid" in our home - had the need to make that rule about 6 months ago, used it a few times and it's just one of those rules that has "stuck". Somehow the other rules (related to no thumping, screaming, avoiding jobs etc)have been passed by!

Great post!

6/09/2006 02:27:00 AM  
Blogger Heather O. said...

LOVE this story. What a hoot! And B really is big man, I wouldn't want him in my face!

6/09/2006 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger dede said...

Two things:

1. B really is big and I would be peeing my pants if he confronted me like that!

2. I LOVE that the 3 yr old says we don't say stupid, but nothing about the @ss!

6/09/2006 12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Kim Siever said...

Her 12 year old daughter has a husband? ;)

6/09/2006 02:30:00 PM  
Blogger The Wiz said...

Kim -

So I have antecedent issues.

6/09/2006 03:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Mary said...

That's hilarious! I love that the toddler pointed out "stupid" and not the a-word. How typical! Great story.

6/09/2006 05:43:00 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

That was great.

6/10/2006 12:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Susan M said...

Cute!

My husband says "stupid" all the time. The rule in our house is, you can't use the word "gay" to mean "stupid."

6/11/2006 12:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home