5/19/2006

Grosser than Gross

This is not a post about poop, vomit, or any bodily functions of any kind. Disappointed? Nope, this is just a quick post about ice cream. My oldest is doing a ballet performance this weekend, and opening night was last night. We saw her dance around cutely, giggle at other little girls on stage, and yawn hugely right on stage (the performances are at night, and she gets a little tired, especially after all that rehearsing). Anyway, so afterwards, we go out for a little treat, some celebratory ice cream. We are Mormons, after all - we celebrate with fat and sugar instead of alcohol and caffeine. So, off to Cold Stone we go. Ah, chocolate ice cream mixed with Snickers. Mmmm....but my girls? No, no. They don't appreciate the fine delicacy of Mocha Almond Fudge with a little toffe thrown in. No, they like....I can barely type this, it's just revolting...Cotton Candy mixed with gummi bears. ICK! Or, just as stomach turning, Bubble Gum ice cream with gummi bears! They don't appreciate the delicate blend of flavors that Cold Stone does so well. They like BRIGHT BLUE ice cream. Where did I go wrong? Oh, have I taught them nothing? I hope it's just a phase.....

9 Comments:

Blogger Mo Mommy said...

Bubble gum is only good if it's the kind with real gumballs in it.
my son is a strawberry with gummi bears type. I don't understand it, those little bears get rock hard when they freeze! My hubby has to be the saddest of all. Sweet cream, plain. If he's feeling dangerous he'll get a brownie. Lame. How we get along I'll never know.....

5/19/2006 12:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

I LOVE Cold Stone. The first store opened across the street from my house in Tempe, AZ and we would got there all the time.

Mint mint chocolate chocolate chip is the way to go. Always.

Now the pregnant lady wants Cold Stone. Thanks.

5/19/2006 04:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Beanie said...

Mo Mommy- I guess that I am is the same boat as your DH...if we go to Cold Stone (Baskin Robbins, DQ, whatever) I will order chocolate ice cream, just chocolate ice cream. I know pretty boring, I like to tell myself that if DH can make me happy with just chocolate ice cream, he has it pretty easy!

But blue Ice Cream, not sure about that, I have a hard time eating the blue m&ms.

5/19/2006 05:43:00 PM  
Blogger My Full Hands said...

It took me years to convince my girls there was more to life than vanilla ice cream. And my poor boys still don't appreciate the comforting power of the creamy cold delicacy. They won't touch it. Wierd.

5/19/2006 08:46:00 PM  
Blogger Heather O. said...

My kid won't touch the stuff, either. Weird.

5/19/2006 09:35:00 PM  
Anonymous tiff said...

I wish Cold Stone would still have additional flavors to mix in with the basic sweet cream. I was addicted to pistachio and white chocolate chips. Mmmmm....

5/19/2006 11:56:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

When I was a kid we would go to this fabulous ice-cream shop in Waterton National Park in Alberta and my brother, cousins and I would be jumping with the anticipation of bubble gum ice cream.

It's just a thing kids like. We grow out of it eventually (give me Burnt Almond Fudge anytime!)

5/20/2006 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger HLH said...

that sounds like the concotion my husband would order. Yelch! I am partial to sweet cream with raspberries and marshmallow cream.

FYI, Coldstone was started by members of the church. How do I know, some of the owners best friends are in our ward. It is almost like a right of passage for the YW to work at coldstone.

5/20/2006 08:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mo Mommy said...

I'm with you tiff, I miss being able to get your favorite flavor whenever (I'm an amaretto fan).
beanie, hmm, it must run in the family ;)
hlh, I've always gotten regular marshmallows, maybe I need to give the cream a try...

5/20/2006 10:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home