5/09/2006

Food Advertisement

Guest Post from jbn... Think about those days when you're just craving that bon-bon, that frozen snickers bar, that handful of jelly bellies, but you know that one bite will send you into carbohydrate hell, a never-ending spiral that eventually leads you to mindlessly playing free cell or lying on the bed w/the TiVo remote in hand to watch the same Gilmore Girls episode that you've seen 20 times but don't care because you have such a headache that you can't even see straight let alone try to function rationally in the real world. You all know what I'm talking about... At last, a solution! Frozen grapes. My new favorite treat. Eat them like candy. Eat as many as you want. No hell, no headache, no guilt, no free cell. Just pure low-glycemic, zone-favorable enjoyment. For those times when you are upset that you are wasting perfectly good food because people are starving in Africa as your grapes are about to go rotten because you left them on the counter for a couple of days, hoping and assuming that as people walked by them they would grab a handful and therefore relieve your 3rd-world guilt, but nobody did so now you have to throw out rotten grapes, take heart! There is a positive solution! Open freezer baggie, insert grapes, put in freezer. Wait an hour or two and voila--instant tasty snack! Enjoy!

7 Comments:

Anonymous jamisue said...

I'm with you jbn! I discovered it when I tried to hide the grapes from my kids so they wouldn't eat them all in one sitting and complain later about a tummy ache! The frozen grapes are right next to the frozen M&M's (for those days that only chocolate will do).

5/09/2006 05:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Ariel said...

My grandma taught me the goodness of frozen bananas. I eat them like candy bars, but my cousins slice them up first and eat them like little cookies. For some reason they taste sweeter after they've been frozen.

Yay for alternatives to candy!

5/09/2006 07:03:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy M said...

Frozen grapes were a treat my grandma always had in the freezer! Also, I might add, BING cheries are also totally awesome frozen.

5/09/2006 09:03:00 PM  
Anonymous mrs k said...

I use frozen bananas to make slim fast shakes a little more tolerable. But frozen grapes and bananas and cherries are all fab in their own right! Good times.

5/10/2006 03:24:00 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I love frozen grapes. Our household eats them like popsicles in the summer.

I haven't tried frozen cherries, but they sound yummy. I bet strawberries are good, too.

5/10/2006 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger Heather O. said...

Ok, loving the grape thing! I put them in on Tuesday, and have been snacking on them all afternoon (it's hot today). Thanks--what a great idea!

5/10/2006 06:40:00 PM  
Blogger MLEH said...

Seedless grapes are also the one essential snack to pack for long car trips, especially with little kids.

5/10/2006 10:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home