4/13/2006

Ramblings

My kids are all healthy, the end of the school year is in sight, and the weather is STUNNING today, so anyone living around here who's blogging instead of outside must have a medical condition keeping them indoors. Or a job. Either one. Me, I have Toddler-Man and an unfenced yard, so watching him outside becomes quite the chore. Later today I have a playdate at the park, so he'll get to enjoy the day, but for now, I'm pretending that it's not nice enough to be outside, and hopefully he won't look outside right as his sisters ride by on their bikes. I am also ignoring the ton of yard work that needs to be done, simply because I can't go any further without a trip to Home Depot to purchase various tools, weed killer, etc. I'm actually excited about working on my yard, and I would be at Home Depot right now racking up the credit card debt instead of here listening to Diego encourage my child to make friends with an anaconda, but my husband has declared that it's time to buy a new lawn mower (he's right) and I am woefully unqualified to pick out that type of equipment, since he's the one doing the mowing (in our house, that's a "boy job") so we'll just have to go shopping this weekend. Then we get to go postal on all the elms sprouting in our yard, and use a truck to pull out shrubberies (don't tell "Roger, the shrubber"). hee hee. Such power. (Please don't lecture me on killing the elms. They would make our yard a forest if they were allowed to. I had no idea these suckers were so prolific. I will be killing elms as long as I live in this house, and nothing anybody can say about it will change that.) Rambling, rambling, what's the point? No point, really. Just a happy mom day, preparing for Easter, enjoying the weather, and contemplating this weekend where I get to eat my husband's yummy funeral potatoes and watch my kids search gleefully for eggs filled with candy, and try to convince them that somehow this is all about Christ.

6 Comments:

Blogger FluffyChicky said...

I so understand trying to convince the kids that Easter = Jesus. Last year, the night before Easter, the boy wanted to set out a snack on the coffee table. When I asked him why, he said that Jesus wouldn't leave him a present if he didn't. I asked him why Jesus would leave presents and the boy replied " 'Cuz Jesus wants us to be happy. I NEED presents to be happy. Jesus knows this, so he gets a snack." The next morning, the boy found his Easter basket and yelled "Thank you Jesus! Praise Jesus!" Don't ask me why, because I don't know.

4/13/2006 02:39:00 PM  
Blogger FluffyChicky said...

I guess the boy does understand that Easter = Jesus, but he thinks that Easter = Jesus = Presents for him. Go figure.

4/13/2006 02:40:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy M said...

Oh, the bane of the unfenced yard- yes, we too have this lovely problem. Two year olds NEED fences, and so do their mommies. That, and worrying about him falling in the window-wells. Makes going outside not so much fun sometimes.

Haven't figured out how to get my kids to understand what eggs and candy have to do with the savior (uh, nothing?)- but then, they thought Santa Claus brought the balloons and candy on Valentines Day... Must be very confusing for little people sometimes!

Enjoy your sunny day- it's raining here, and supposed to all weekend. Ew. Hey, I know, maybe I'll have a baby this weekend! Oh, one can always hope- and hope... and hope...

4/13/2006 03:07:00 PM  
Blogger Heather O. said...

Tracy-

I SO hope you have the baby this weekend. Think happy Easter baby thoughts!

It's gorgeous here, too. The only reason I'm inside blogging is because Jacob is taking a break from being outside. Oops, he's out again. Gotta go!

4/13/2006 03:45:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I have a fenced yard with a beautiful water feature that has a POND. Yep, a nice little pond DH lovingly keeps filled with fish all year (somehow some survive the winter) and grows water plants and lily pads in it --and there's a great little waterfall type thing that goes into a small cascading stream into the pond, and thence to the pump and it starts all over again...

It's SO UNSAFE for little toddler kids --my #3 cannot be out there without supervision. #1 and #2 are fine --even #3 could stand in the pond and it would be up to his waist only --but water is water is water and when are going to get that fence around it?!??!?

P.S. Today is GORGEOUS!! Just being outside makes me smile...I better get back out there...

4/13/2006 04:14:00 PM  
Blogger Keryn said...

Elm trees are evil. We have finally (hopefully?) succeeded in murdering ours. One was in the garden plot--and uprooting the fence. Now all (all?) we have to do burn up the stumps and dig them out...I love SPRING!

4/14/2006 11:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home