1/19/2006

To dream the impossible dream

I am an optimist. I remain firm in the hope that many more women will join the amazing sisterhood of Mormom mommies, and raise righteous children, and enjoy non-coffee-related drinks at Starbucks. But, my ultimate dream of dreams,well, not really, but for the purposes of this post,anyway, is to have Miss Angelina Jolie join our ranks. Can you just see it? "Tonight's fireside will be Bro. and Sis. Pitt doing a presentation on their latest trip to Cambodia. Their older children will also be doing a musical number. It is recommended that you arrive early to get a seat." I, of course, would be providing the nursery for such a fireside. Angelina will have dropped off her children early as she prepared her slides. (I don't know why, but the thought of Angelina Jolie, in a garment friendly dress, doing a slide show in a Mormon cultural hall just cracks me up. Yes, I know...I'm easily entertained.) Anyway, here are some pictures of the children I may be watching. And by "watching" I mean "plugging in front of a video" as mayhem ensues and I curse myself for volunteering for the nursery when I could be staring at Brad Pitt. Of course, like any "good" Mormon, the couple would have a whole minivan full of "Jolie-Pitts", or "Pittlies," as they prefer to be called. This one's just learning to walk. Isn't she precious? You have to be careful of the lasers she shoots out of her eyes, though. This one would rather be anywhere but here. Isn't that always the way? And here's Daddy's little boy. And, of course, the angel baby. Never cries at all. Years later, after many babysitting episodes and our families growing quite close through various games of "Scrabble" (NEVER underestimate the power of "Scrabble") Angie will send me a picture of herself and her son at his first movie premiere (post-mission, of couse). Sigh...they grow up so fast.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Heather O. said...

Wow, are her lips really that big? Or did she get plastic surgery on them babies?

Those pictures are funny, but I do have to say that I think Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are two of the most fantastically gorgeous people I've ever seen. (Ok, not that I've ever actually SEEN them, but I did just watch Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and you do get to see a fair amount of both of them in that!)

I wish them good luck with their new baby. I hope they don't screw the kid up.

1/19/2006 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy M said...

Im so very very afraid..! That baby is SCARY!!

Ok, moment of pure Hollywood gossip that has nothing to do with my life and is not constructive in any way: I figure this kid coming is either going to be the amalgam of all that is beautiful in the world or it will look like your pictures!

DO ya suppose they might actually get married now that he has adopted her kids and they have one on the way?

1/19/2006 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Eek, there should have been a warning in the first sentence of the post! I was reading along, enjoying the post, when I scroll down and I'm suddenly assaulted by Freaky Possessed Jolie-Pitt Babies!!

I would rather have Jennifer Garner Affleck & her hubby than Angelina and Brad. They seem like such a nice, normal couple. Angelina freaks me out.

1/19/2006 02:13:00 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

I to am a little freaked out by Angelina. I am wondering how the youth would get over that whole lesbian phase she went through. I am not saying that it couldn't happen, but, she is a bit out there.

Those kids were freaky. Brad and Angelina may have to develop some serious unconditional love skills. Yikes!

1/19/2006 02:25:00 PM  
Blogger The Wiz said...

allison,
sorry to freak you out. Maybe I should have out a warning on there.

I hope they do get married, but since they're celebrities, it's "adios reality".

I have sisters obsessed with Jennifer Garner. If anyone would convert the Afflecks, my sis could do it.

1/19/2006 03:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Mary said...

That's hilarious! The first picture gave me a little startled shock, but now I can't help but chuckle. I don't care much about the Pitt/Jolie relationship, though they are beautiful, but I do hope the media will stop referring to their older kids as "their adopted children" vs. their biological child.

1/19/2006 04:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol - that's fantastic. I can't say that it's ever crossed my mind before.

So, what do you guys do for fun besides watch your kids play on the playground?

1/19/2006 05:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angelina is too free thinking to be Mormon. I shudder at the thought.

1/19/2006 11:36:00 PM  
Anonymous jbn said...

We have the Pages to dunk as well as the Afflecks...

1/20/2006 01:08:00 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I showed my husband the pictures and he not only thought it was hilarious, but he added this comment:

"If they joined the Church, I would hope the Church would create a new Temple ceremony video with Mr. and Mrs. Pitt as the leading roles-- can't you just see Temple attendance spiking way up!!"

1/20/2006 09:46:00 AM  
Blogger Tigersue said...

Okay,
Back on another post there have been comments about needing a place for LDS women and their blogs linked. I have started a Blog with what few links I have of LDS women bloggers.
http://ldswomenblogs.blogspot.com/

1/20/2006 01:04:00 PM  
Blogger Heather O. said...

Wow, thanks Tigersue! We'll put it on the side bar when we get the chance.

1/20/2006 05:40:00 PM  
Blogger The Wiz said...

Ok, I think putting them in the temple movie is a fabulous idea!!! I laugh and laugh.

Anonymous - we do nothing for fun. We blog. And go to movies, and read books, and go rollerskating and break our wrists, you know, fun stuff.

1/20/2006 11:45:00 PM  
Blogger Mo Mommy said...

As a closet gossip junkie...BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
Ananymous- What is this "fun" of which you speak?

P.s. if you jumbled the letters from my word veification, you could spell "platypus"

1/21/2006 03:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"P.s. if you jumbled the letters from my word veification, you could spell "platypus""

lol... did that just jump out at you, or are you good with word games?

1/22/2006 11:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home