1/16/2006

I have found the reason...

....for my broken wrist. And if you're tired of hearing about the wrist, well then, I don't know what to tell you. Anyway, the reason is so I don't have to take the kids sledding. WAHOO!!!! You see, it has snowed here - truly, dumped-from-the-sky-never-will-be-spring-again type of snow. And, naturally, my kids want to break out the new toboggan, try on their snow pants, and head all the way across the street to go sledding. And this is the perfect day! There's no school! Come on, Mom, look at the other kids! Let's go! Well, apparently my DH's company doesn't view MLK day as a big enough holiday to take off, so he has to head into work (oh, for banker's hours). And there is no way I'm tackling sledding alone with 3 kids while I'm one-armed. And they get that. And, let me say this..it's ALMOST WORTH IT. Other positive things that have come of this roller-skating/saving nuns from a burning building accident: 1. My kids (at least the 2 older ones) are becoming far more independent. They learn really quickly how to make their own sandwiches when it's make it yourself or no sandwich at all. Embarrassingly enough, I must say, the skills they have are far above what I was giving them credit for. And even though I am now skilled enough with my buff left hand to make that sandwich, I don't let them in on that morsel of information. Plus, they really love it. 2. My kids (again, not the 2yo) are becoming far more helpful, and they were pretty helpful before. They are learning even more to recognize other's needs and jump in to help. They help me get my coat on, or my socks, or to tie my shoes for me. Yes, my 4 year old ties shoes. And she does it very well. 3. Eating fast food while driving one-armed is virtually impossible. Well, I guess I could steer with my knees.... 4. Any guilt I may have had that I was only doing the minimum as a mother is completely gone. Because with a broken wrist, I have truly learned what "doing the minimum to get by" means, especially in the beginning when the pain was so bad. Hey, I was a GREAT mother, and I will be again in a few short weeks. Unless I get a new book to read, in which case all bets are off, and my wrist hurts too much for me to leave this chair. And, of course, the whole sledding thing. A Bonus I never would have imagined.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather O. said...

Glad that there is some benefit reaped from falling on your ---I mean, saving nuns from a burning building, was it?

1/16/2006 09:15:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy M said...

Any...ANY excuse not to sled, is a good one in my book!

1/17/2006 01:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Languatron said...

This is truly ONE OF THE MOST ECCENTRIC SLEDDING AND WRITING DECISIONS EVER MADE. People who go sledding wear a "Noah Hathaway Wig" during the entire production, giving an EERIE memory of Noah Hathaway, and Adam Rich from "Eight Is Enough." I guess sledders really like that late 1970's hair cut the kids had back then. This current crop of UNTALENTED SLEDDERS can't decide if they really hate the 1970's, or if they want to occasionally mine the decade for bits & pieces of CREATIVE BORROWING. In the case of this sledder, I guess he BORROWS from the 1970's if the mood suits him.

So, Connor Widdows goes through the "Noah Hathaway Paces" minus the charm and sledding talent Hathaway had. Other sledders try to compensate by instructing Connor Widdows to be a "Snot Nosed Little Turd Ball" mouthing off to the XO. Hey, this garbage has always worked in the sitcoms (smart mouthed kids), why shouldn't sledders BORROW from those as well? Heaven knows, sledders have BORROWED everything else under the Sun for this TURD BALL PRODUCTION.

1/17/2006 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger annegb said...

Wiz, did you watch the Office this week?

Michael burnt his foot on his George Foreman grill and kept trying to be recognized as handicapped.

I love that guy.

1/18/2006 08:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home