12/30/2005

Wanted: A good story

I have a broken wrist. Poor me. This does not, however, mean that I can't type, or that I'm begging for pity, as Heather inferred. It means that I can only type with one hand, and so my typos will greatly increase. It means that since it was my right wrist, and I'm right handed, here's my big chance to become ambidextrous. So,yes, my grooming habits have changed. (I defy you to blowdry your hair one-handed. It can't be done. And for a fun trick, try using just your nondominant hand to put on deodorant. I can do it, but it ain't pretty.) And it means that I get to play in the wondrous world of prescription pain meds. But that's an entirely separate post. Plus, I would like to point out that here is another reason not to exercise . SEE what happens when I attempt physical activity? So here's what I think: Falling down while roller skating is a crappy story. I need a better one. I was thinking, either something really cool, like pulling too hard on my parachute while skydiving --- OR something really noble, like stepping in front of a bus to save a baby in a runaway stroller. Or maybe some great combination of the two, like I was skydiving with a blind person, and she was pulling the wrong cord, so I had to pull her cord for her, and it was at a wrong angle, so I broke my wrist saving her life, and then accidentally landed in a wildlife preserve that was about to be bulldozed, and my act of compassion and bravery saved all the turtles, too. What do you think? Which one do I use? Do you have a great story I can tell while still holding a straight face? "How did you break your wrist?" "Well, actually, I was wrestling an alligator, as is our Christmas tradition, and things got out of hand."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Susan M said...

Actually, I think breaking your hand rollerskating is a better story than any of the others! Only way it could be better, in my mind, was if you were skateboarding instead.

12/30/2005 09:58:00 PM  
Blogger Mo Mommy said...

I stand by my previous comment. Nuns and orphans Wiz, you just can't go wrong saving nuns and orphans. Or bunny rabbits. Or chocolate. Or chocolate bunny rabbits. On a skateboard.

12/31/2005 03:19:00 AM  
Blogger annegb said...

I think falling down while roller skating is a great story. Who roller skates at my age? I hurt my back skate boarding when I was, uh, what--34/35? I think that's a pretty good story.

Have you ever tried velcro rollers? You could put them up loosely and blow dry that part. Although with your left hand, tricky. I'll try it and let you know.

I am totally left brained, right handed. I have a hard time doing anything substantive with my left hand.

This could bring out some artistic tendency in you previously unseen. Could be a good thing??

12/31/2005 01:03:00 PM  
Blogger The Wiz said...

you know, annegb, i've actually thought of that. (the artistic thing). my friend's grandma was a painter and later in her career she was forced to become left-handed, and her paintings changed dramatically. maybe i should go buy an easel or something.

12/31/2005 01:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Roller Skate said...

rollerskating is a better story than any of the others

11/27/2012 06:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home