9/14/2005

Blithering intro of sorts or I know I had that binky a minute ago

I might just as well be called whatserbucket the slacker rookie. Why? Oh, I dunno… the Wiz first sent me an invite to blog here months and months ago when I had time on my hands. In between trips to the toilet and the emergency room, holed up in bed with my powerbook and a tall glass of lemonade just musing about this and that. Those invitations sat one after the other in my inbox digitally rotting until they were no longer valid. I don’t know why I didn’t just hop right in. I normally have plenty to say about plenty of things. It’s not like the company around here is sketchy. The Wiz and her cohorts seem like decent well-bred people. Maybe it’s because of the slacker part of me. I guess I figured I’d have to read through all the archives and familiarize myself with the neighborhood (sorry, didn’t happen) and the style and vibe so I didn’t offend or repeat (sorry, likely will happen). The slacker in me also doesn’t feel like fretting over tenses, editing or punctuation (like I have time for that right now) I don’t like feeling that I have to be a scholar on something before I spout off. So consider yourself warned. I’ll try to not talk purely out of my backside if possible. I am also quite possibly one of the most rookiest of rookies in mommy land. I never babysat in my youth (my first babysitting gig was when I was 26 years old). I never really aspired to motherhood, never had younger siblings or cousins to run after. (My husband is an excellent mother, by the way. Perhaps we’ll talk gender roles one day.) I am the definition of clueless. Picture a deer in the headlights. Keep in mind this deer has engorged breasts and postpartum issues and is in a new city where she knows no one (cue Doppler effect of a car zooming by). Anywhoooo…..that’s my into in a nutshell. Mormon Mommy? Yes. In a war of sorts? Yes. I think I’ll put my blanket over there, if that’s alright. Schooch over Goochie there’s a new kid on the block. Now if I can just figure out how to post this...

5 Comments:

Blogger melissa c said...

You sound just like ME!!! I had no idea I had a twin out there somewhere! I love the way you write! thanks for brightening up my afternoon! keep'em coming and this mormon mommy has got your back!

9/14/2005 05:25:00 PM  
Blogger The Wiz said...

Hee Hee Hee. Welcome to the blog, and all the addictions that come with it. I would love to talk gender roles some day. Sounds like a great post.

I'm just so shamelessly happy that you finally gave in and posted! I don't know why it fills me with great joy, but it just does. And you're great at it, just as I knew you would be.

9/14/2005 06:32:00 PM  
Blogger Andrea Wright said...

Welcome! Can't wait to read more.

9/15/2005 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa M. said...

Welcome!

And the deer in the headlight look, is something I am quite familiar with. You are indeed in great company.

(And just for the heads up, we all read "fast" type" & and no judgement will spring to mind!)

9/15/2005 01:33:00 PM  
Blogger Us said...

Speeling and punt,uations' R overrated anywhose.
P.S. is it just me or does the word 'Engorged' really sound as uncomfortable as it truly is? Say it with me..."engoooorgeddd". Gives me shivers just to say it

9/25/2005 03:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home