4/21/2005

A Mother's Diet

8:30 a.m. Breakfast: One can of Dr. Pepper. 12:15 p.m. Lunch: Balance Bar. 4:00 p.m. Afternoon snack: One bottle of Yoplait Nouriche. 4:30 p.m. Still hungry: Microwaved some popcorn chicken. It was DH's turn to make dinner. He had planned on making chinese food. It is a dish he has made before with tofu, vegetables, and sauce. It is yummy, and I am looking forward to it. 6:00 p.m. DH goes to store to get stuff for dinner. 6:55 p.m. Leave for Relief Society meeting. Instruct DH to tape my show and save me some dinner. 7:00-9:45 p.m. Evening snack: Three chocolate-chip cookies at Relief Society meeting. 9:45 p.m. Come home from meeting. Get handed a plate with 80% white rice and 6 pieces of tofu. No vegetables or sauce in sight. My show was not taped. 10:15 p.m. Eat emergency 3 Musketeers Bar that I have saved for when I am in a bad mood. 1:30 a.m. Can't sleep. Go downstairs and eat another balance bar. Welcome to my world.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Heather O. said...

My life-

Breakfast--Frosted Flakes

Lunch--3 butterscotch cookies, a glass of milk, and a banana

Afternoon snack--Leftover fruit roll-up and a bowl of pretzels

And I still face the question--what are we going to have for dinner?

My kids diet:
Breakfast--oatmeal with toast and peanutbutter

Lunch(Packed for preschool)--Ham sandwich, grapes,yogurt, string cheese, fruit leather, water, goldfish

Why do we mothers feed our children better than we feed ourselves?

4/21/2005 04:03:00 PM  
Blogger Minerva said...

Sounds fun. I had a damn hamburger and fries for lunch and wolfed it down like the pig I am. HAH. And I thought I was on a diet.

Welcome to my lfie

4/21/2005 04:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Andrea Wright said...

Ah, the dreaded "what are we going to eat for dinner" question. I have seriously got to get more than 5 things to rotate through.

Other than that ever-present dilemna, lunch is the hardest thing for me. A. I don't want to take the time to make something and B. I don't love sandwiches and what else is there?

4/21/2005 05:23:00 PM  
Blogger annegb said...

But, but, what was the show?

That's how I used to eat, too, when I was a mom. I remember never getting to eat a whole meal, unless we went out without the kids, being hungry and tired, holding a baby and trying to cut meat with my fork. And nobody noticed if I ate or not!

This is really quite sad.

4/21/2005 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger annegb said...

well, I still am a mom. or anything.

4/21/2005 09:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Susan M said...

Being diabetic, I can't do that at all. And if I weren't I still wouldn't as it'd make me crankier than, um, I am right now.

4/21/2005 11:51:00 PM  
Blogger RK said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/22/2005 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger The Wiz said...

Annegb --

The show was Jack & Bobby, I am a fan of this show, even though I think I might be the only one. But I just found out they rebroadcast it on Sundays at 5:00, so I will get to see it then. It's already set to record. So, if you know what happened, DON'T TELL ME!

4/22/2005 12:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home